Friday, October 06, 2006

Why is this woman always busy?

We've now been in Paris for somewhat over one week and it's become clear that while I'm on vacation, Chris is working. This seems to be a wonderful reversal of the traditional roles.

In the time we've been away I've read 4 books; done the crossword puzzle every day; taken long walks and generally had a relaxing time.

Chris, on the other hand is still on her first book; barely starts the Monday puzzle and often wants a nap in the afternoon - but claims to be having a great time! I keep telling her she needs to better manage her time! She tells me to stick it where the sun don't shine. See her comment below ...

THIS IS NOT A HOLIDAY!!!! I keep telling Paul that, but he doesn't listen! This is living our life. Here we are in an apartment where beds have to be made, laundry done and I 'fait de menage'(do the housework)! It's not much different from our routine in NYC except that I now go to school every morning to learn French and then have homework in the afternoon just so that I can keep up--IT'S definitely like working; up at 7:00am and not in bed most nights until midnight! Paul's the one on holiday! In addition, I spend a great deal of time reading guide books and magazines looking for interesting things for us to do. I'm trying my best to delegate responsibility, but he's really good at evasion. My husband training abilities are definitely lacking. What's a girl to do????

I keep telling Chris she has to get her priorities straight so she has more time to relax and enjoy. The truth is her efforts give me the luxury of being able to just do what I want. Is'nt that just like a guy!

No comments: